RV, Motorhome and Campervan Rental USA. Planning a Roadtrip.
Dreaming of a RV Rental in the USA Planning A Road Trip across the USA in a campervan? Here is how you do it.
First book your rv rental. There is a huge range to choose from. The large A-class bus like RV’s to the small sleeper cars and everything in between.
You can see the whole range illustrated on our RV Rental Website: Choose the Right RV, Motorhome or Campervan to Rent in the USA
The largest RV is the A-Class Slide Out that sleeps 8 people.
There are smaller Rv’s with one slide from Apollo and Road Bear:
The Standard 6-berth is available to rent from all of the main larger rental companies in the USA:
These 6-berth RV’s or motorhomes are offered by length. Typically a 6-berth would be called a C-30. This is the Cruise America C-30 RV that sleeps 6 people.
The smaller 4-berths are the C-25 RV’s. The 25 refers to its length: 25ft.
The smaller campers, truck campers or van-conversions all have onboard shower and wc:
The smallest campers are the sleeper cars that have a bed and basic cooking facilities:
The sleeping arrangements are always shown on our website. They are usually shown as a diagram:
Every campervan or motorhome that is listed on our website has the day and night-time layouts, the bed sizes and the interior height of the campervan or motorhome. This can be very important if you are planning a long holiday and want to spend time inside the camper.
Renting an RV, Motorhome or Camper van:
Book as far in advance of your holiday as you can. Many RV rental companies offer great discounts to the early birds looking for cheap campervan rental.
Discounts can be found here:Discounts on RV, Motorhome and Campervan hire in the USA
Smaller older campers are cheaper than newer larger RV’s or motorhomes.
For Top Quality Campervans and Motorhomes change the filter to 0-2 years old and the ratings to Superb or Great:
Book securely online.
Our experienced reservations team will work closely with you to get you the right campervan, motorhome or RV at the best rental rates.
When planning your roadtrip and RV rental in the USA you will need to know how many miles your are going to travel and if you plan a long road trip then the unlimited mileage may work out the cheapest option for you. Often customers want a “worry-free” option and choose the unlimited mileage option which can sometimes cost a great deal more than necessary.
To help you calculate mileage we have found a couple of useful distance calculators to help you save money by selecting the correct amount of mileage so that you don’t overpay.
Campsites and RV Parks:
Where will you stay?
Booking ahead sometimes takes away the sense of adventure and freedom to choose when travelling by campervan. But, you need to book ahead if you are going to stay at peak season in a popular location. You also need to book ahead if you want to stay in the massively popular National Parks Campsites.
Here is the link to the USA National Parks Website to book your site.
Commercial Campsites and RV Parks:
- RV, Motorhome, Campervan, Truck-camper and Sleeper Car Campsites:
KOA Kampgrounds of America
- Rv on the go
- USA govt information site on National Parks
- RV Dump Stations in the USA what more is there to be said.
- Good Sam RV Parks and Campgrounds
- Reserve America Campsites
- Go Camping America Campsite Guide
- Pitchup USA Campsite guide
- Camp overnight in a vinyard
- Yellowstone National Park RV Campsite Booking
- Camp Native campsites in the USA
- Reserve America Campsites
Free Overnight camping? Boondocking.
It is perfectly ok to free-camp or wild camp or go boondocking in the USA. You need to be sure that you are allowed to park overnight. We have put together a list of overnight stops where you don’t have to pay. Stay at one of these and you qualify as a boondocker!
Yes, Walmart will allow you to free camp for a couple of nights in their car park.
- Walmart Locations By State.
- Casinos offer free overnight camping:
- Casino Camper
- Truck-stops are free:
- Truck Stop Locations by USA State
- Free Overnight Parking:
- Free overnight Rv Parking
- Free Overnight Parking on Private Property.
- Free Overnight Parking on Private Property.
- Free Overnight Parking at Wineries, Farms and Attractions:
- Free Overnight Parking at Wineries, Farms and Attractions.
- Free campsites
- Camp Overnight for Free at Golf Clubs – membership required.
RV Campsites by State:
Campgrounds by US State.
Some useful links for travellers to the USA.
- Tourist Exchange Rates US$
- Local Time in the USA
- National and local Weather in the USA www.weather.com
- Weather good page but a few too many ads
- USA Govt information site for visa entry
- Know Before You Go. Live updates on travel in the USA from the UK Govt.
- Wikipedia USA info.
Official Tourism Sites by State A-Z
Alabama – AL
Alaska – AK
Arizona – AZ
Arkansas – AR
California – CA
Colorado – CO
Connecticut – CT
Delaware – DE
Florida – FL
Georgia – GA
Hawaii – HI
Idaho – ID
Illinois – IL
Indiana – IN
Iowa – IA
Kansas – KS
Kentucky – KY
Louisiana – LA
Maine – ME
Maryland – MD
Massachusetts – MA
Michigan – MI
Minnesota – MN
Mississippi – MS
Missouri – MO
Montana – MT
Nebraska – NE
Nevada – NV
New Hampshire – NH
New Jersey – NJ
New Mexico – NM
New York – NY
North Carolina – NC
North Dakota – ND
Ohio – OH
Oklahoma – OK
Oregon – OR
Pennsylvania – PA
Rhode Island – RI
South Carolina – SC
South Dakota – SD
Tennessee – TN
Texas – TX
Utah – UT
Vermont – VT
Virginia – VA
Washington – WA
West Virginia – WV
Wisconsin – WI
Wyoming – WY
Official Tourist Board Sites by Popular Cities:
Food on The Road:
Finding a place to eat when you don’t want to cook or when you are just driving is made easier by these online guides:
Download travelsafe app that lists local emergency numbers on your phone and finds your location. Available for both i-phones and android.
- National Parks USA Discount Pass link National Parks USA Discount Pass Application forms
Other Great Links
- Listen to a local radio station in the USA Local radio station by State.
Road Tolls in the USA:
How Do I Pay for Road Tolls in the USA?
One option is to buy an E-ZPass but this only covers road tolls in the following States:
- New York
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- RiverLink – Kentucky / Indiana
List of Road Tolls By State and How To Pay for Them
Check Out these apps in your app store:
- wifi finder
Unusual Visitor Attractions:
Holiday itineraries in USA:
Driving in USA: Driving in The USA for Foreign Tourists
Visit the Grand Canyon on a road trip around the USA. Book a campervan early to take advantage of discounts here. USA Campervan and Motorhome Rental Discounts and Special offers.
I sometimes just post a link to a video without much copy added as the video itself tells the whole story. This couple travel the USA and vlog their travels. This video shows the Class B Motorhome that they live on while free camping or boon-docking around North America.
This is a good insight into how things look in the camper. If you are new to Rv-ing or are considering a rental then this video shows you how comfortable these small homes on wheels are. This vehicle is about the smallest camper with bathroom that we rent out in the USA and Canada. Our rental vehicles are not quite as fully equipped as this custom made model but it does show all the main essentials that all vehicles have.
Apollo Motorhome Holidays
NEW VEHICLE ADDED TO THE APOLLO USA FLEET
Apollo USA Introduce the new Tourer 2 berth with bathroom.
INTRODUCING THE US TOURER AND SATURN RV
Apollo is excited to announce the launch of its newest USA product offering; the US Tourer and Saturn RV.
Built on a the rugged ProMaster 3500 chassis, the 2berth* US Tourer and Saturn RV is a step up from its predecessor the Apollo Euro Tourer, with large windows, a manual 12-inch awning, large queen bed and sleek exterior finish. This BVAN configuration offers simplistic style with everything you need for your next self-drive holiday.
Standard Features include*:
- 9,000 BTU roof mount Air Conditioner
- Bathroom with Shower
- Large Queen bed
- 5.0 cu. Ft refrigerator
- 20’ 9-inch exterior length
- Easy Day to Night configuration
- 12-inch exterior Awning
- Pull out pantry and pot drawer
- 2 burner propane stove
- Automatic propane Heating System
- *Specifications subject to change. Final specifications will be available by 31st Jan 2017.
- These vehicles will be bookable from 16th January 2017 for travel from the 01 May 2017. These vehicles will only be available to/from Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas.
- Note: Images are for illustrative purposes only- fully imagery, specs available soon.
- Jucy camper van hire all you need to know.
- Jucy camper van hire offers great value. You can book these vehicles online to get the best rates here:
- USA Jucy campervan hire Discounts and Special Deals in the USA in San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
USA RV Rental, Motorhome Hire.
- Renting an RV in the USA is a popular way to see the States. It is extremely well catered for with a high standard of campsites
throughout the country.
- Experience the joy of the open roads that are big and wide to cater for every size of “rig”. The Americans specialise in luxury and
comfort and our links with the Motorhome Rental Companies in America ensure that we can offer every type of rental vehicle from a
large 8-berth RV with slide out to a small camper fit for two on a budget.
- Your first choice that you have to make is where to pick up and drop off your RV. You can pick up and drop off between most of the
major cities in the USA. There are additional charges for this but it may mean that you make better use of your time by renting from
one depot and returning to another. At peak times the
minimum number of days hire is 14 for a one-way rental.
- These are the city depots that we offer:
Albequerque, Atlanta, Alaska, Baltimore, Bellingham (very close to Vancouver), Billings, Boston, Calabasas (California), Chicago,
Corona, Dallas, Denver, El Monte, Ferndale, Fort Lauderdale, Henderson,Hesperia, Houston, Irvine,
Kingston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Middlebury, Minnapolis, New York, Newark, Newport Beach, Oakland, Orlando, Philadelphia,
Portland, Phoenix, Reno, Sacramento, Salt Lake, San Bernadino, San Diego, San Fransisco, Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, Seattle, Tampa,
Troutville, Victorville, Washington DC.
- The way that rental rates are calculated are a little different in the USA and Canada.
- You will pay for a daily rental rate plus the following:
Mileage: It doesn’t always work out cheaper to select unlimited mileage unless you are travelling a long way over a long time. The
most cost effective way is to work out roughly how many miles you are going to travel (Google Maps is a good tool for this) and then
select the pre-paid mileage option and pay for any additional mileage at the end of your hire.
- Insurance: This is included with a level of excess. You may want to add third-party damage cover too. Full details are on the
website when you are making your selection but if you are unsure, please ask us.
- Vehicle kit: This includes pots, pans, cutlery, crockery etc. Local people tend to take their own but overseas visitors need to
rent it or purchase it.
- Bedding kit: You may want to add extra if you are renting for a longer time.
- Local taxes: These vary depending on the State that you collect your campervan in.
- There are small variations in the list of individual items that you can hire.
Book early as most USA rental companies work on a flex rate so that the earlier you book, the cheaper it is.
- Source and more information: https://www.selkirkloop.org
NEW ENGLAND FALL FOLIAGE MAPS
The dramatic New England fall foliage starts in the northern New England states (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) typically in late September and moves down to the southern New England states (Connecticut, Massachusetts Rhode Island) around late October.
Fall foliage maps updated in the autumn season:
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Map
- Maine Fall Foliage Map
- New Hampshire Fall Foliage Map
- Other sources of information:
- The Weather Channel: Fall Foliage Map
- Yankee Magazine Fall Foliage Report
Renting privately may be an option. This is what we discovered.Renting privately in the shared economy.
Travelling Solo? Solo Traveller