UK Campervan and Motorhome Hire. These are our Top Choices for Top Quality.

These vehicles are all rated at between 4 - 5 stars, and are under 2 years old

7 Berth Motorhome with Spaceships

7 Berth Motorhome

from Spaceships
Under 2 years old
6 Berth Motorhome from Just Go

6 Berth Motorhome

from Just Go Motorhomes
Under 2 years old
4 Berth Motorhome from McRent

4 Berth Motorhome

from McRent UK
Under 2 years old

We answer your Frequently Asked Questions about renting the best campervans and motorhomes in the UK:

Insurance options:

All campervan and motorhome are covered by insurance. The level of liability varies depending on the age and size of the vehicle.

The insurance excess (liability) can be as high as £750.00./ If you don't have your own insurance to cover this excess then you will have to leave security to this amount to cover this. The hire company will take security by a credit card payment.

You must have a credit card with high enoughcredit to cover this.

There are options to reduce the level of liability:

You can reduce the amount of insurance liability by buying other insurance cover either at the same time as you book the campervan or later. You can buy it from the campervan hire supplier; online from us via Questor; or from an independent insurance provider that specialises in covering security excess on hire vehicles. The cost of this is calculated by each day hired.

You can reduce your liability to nil by buying additional insurance cover. This can often be included in the "all-inclusive" rates when you book your campervan hire.

You will still have to pay a bond. This can range from £500.00 to £750.00. This is refundable when the vehicle is returned in a good and clean condition to the correct location.

Each company has different terms and conditions relating to insurance cover. Contact us for full details and if you have any questions at all.

We also have the Drive-Easy insurance cover available to select when you make your booking request. This will cover your insurance liability too.

Can I pick up my camper van in one city and return it to another in the UK?

Yes, you can generally hire from one city to another in most of the vehicles. The smaller camping cars can be returned to other parts of Europe. You can travel from the UK to Scotland, Ireland, Italy, France, Switzerland,Netherlands and Portugal.

Where are the depots for camper van hire in the UK?

London has the most depots and the widest choice of campervans, motorhomes and RV's.The depots near Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick and Heathrow.

There are depots right across the UK.

Aberdeen Aiport (ABZ), Andover, Belfast, Birmingham, Blackburn, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Chichester, Conwy, Dundee, East Midlands Airport, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Horsham, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Leeds, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Perth, Peterborough, Preston, Rye, Shrewsbury, Southampton and Wigan.

There are additional costs and these are calculated at the time of booking. Some companies will charge €1.00 per 1km between depots as an extra charge. Others have a fixed fee.

Note that one-way hires are at the discretion of the depot manager and fleet manager. This may cause a short delay in confirming your booking.

What are Household kits?

Household kits are an option available for overseas customers who don't want to bring their own bedding or cooking utensils.

Where can we camp at night?

Campsites and Caravan Parks. We strongly recommend you stay in a campsite (caravan (RV) park). UK has an extensive network of caravan parks in all major tourist centres and most towns.

Powered sites enable you to connect your vehicle to electricity. The cost is listed separately on campsite websites.

 VW hire UK

Can I hire a campervan for a rock festival like Glastonbury or a Sporting Event?

Yes, our campervans and motorhomes can be rented for music festivals, sporting events and other major events.

Can I take my dog with me?

Yes, this is on a request basis and there are sometimes additional costs for extra cleaning.

Are there heaters in the campervans?

Yes, most vehicles have onboard heating.

How do I cook?

All camper vans have some form of cooking. These are gas powered bench top cookers. There are not usually ovens (furnaces) However, many are equipped with microwaves that will operate when you are "plugged in" to a mains electricity supply.

Fridges: Even the small low-tops or sleeper cars have cool boxes. Larger vehicles have fully functioning fridges that are powered by battery or gas or the mains. (Three way fridges)

Low-tops and Hi-top camper vans - VW Campers

You can sleep and eat in these campers. Some have solar showers that you can hang off the back and others offer portaloos. But you are not able to free-camp in these campers.

Two, three, four, five, six and seven berth campervans and motorhomes have built in toilets and showers.

The casette toilets are clean and easy to use. Empty them regularly by disposing of the contents at "dump stations" on campsites or in public toilets. Hose out each time and replace the blue liquid to keep the odours to a minimum. Keep the fresh water tank topped up.

Water tanks:

There are two tanks:

  • Clean water tank.

    Fill this with the water from taps. Boil it for drinking. This provides water for the shower and for the sink for washing up.

  • Waste water from the shower and the sink is collected in a grey water tank. You must empty this at a dump station on a campsite or at a public dump station.

Some vehicles have on board displays to show how much water is in the tanks.

Note: If you are in an area where the temperature drops below zero, the water tanks will automatically empty to prevent pipes freezing.


Winterising is the process of draining all water from the tanks and pipes when vehicles are taken to areas where the temperature drops below zero to prevent damage to pipes and tanks. This means that you are not able to use the shower,toilet or sinks.

How long do the onboard batteries last?

The batteries provide power for between 12 - 20 hours when fully charged depending on use. There are two sets of batteries in a campervan or motorhome. One is standard that runs the engine and the other set provides you with electricity (power) for all the lights, pumps, shower, fridge etc

These batteries re-charge when you are driving the campervan. They will also re-charge when you are plugged in on a powered campsite. Idling the engine won't provide enough power to recharge the house battery.

When you are connected via a cable on a powered site, all equipment automatically runs on mains power rather than the battery. Appliances such as the television, microwave, rear air-conditioning and power points onlyem> run on mains power.

For the 12 Volt system to work, the 12 Volt main switch must be in the 'on' position. All vehicles can be connected to 240 Volt mains power via the supplied 15 Amp extension lead with large earth pin. All approved caravan park circuits are rated at 15 amps in UK.

RV Van Rental

How does the shower work?

Each shower pump uses the battery system on board the campervan. The water is heated via the gas supply from a gas bottle stored in an outside compartment of the campervan. You will be shown this when you collect your campervan.

Please ensure that your water tanks and gas bottles are kept full. There is fresh water on all campsites and parks. Gas bottles can be re-fuelled at most garages, petrol stations.

What is supplied with the campervan?

This varies from company to company. The more expensive the campervan the more that is included. You will usually have bedding and living equipment such as cooking equipment, eating utensils, bath and tea towels included. If there are any extra charges for these, you will see them listed when you make your booking request.The will be referred to as household kit or vehicle kit. We list what is included in a note. Sometimes items such as outdoor table and chairs or bbq's cost extra.

Child restraints/seats.

You will need to ensure that you have child seats booked before hiring. Some companies do not supply these. Please check. Other companies have specific policies that cover child restraints. You may be asked to supply age and weight of your children if child seats or booster seats are required.


When you are driving a low-top or hi-top camper van it is just like driving a large car. Don't take the corners quickly and don't try to drive as fast as a car. You are carrying your sleeping and cooking equipment.

The campervans that have onboard showers and toilets are easy to drive too. They have big mirrors for good visibility. Get someone to watch you reverse. The vehicles are longer and higher than cars and you can't always see bollards etc.

Motorhomes with "lutons", the bed that is above the cab, are also easy to drive. These vehicles are easy to manoevre but you will find that they are slower than cars and you need to take corners slower than you would in a car. Watch out when driving close to hedges that you don't bump the overhang above the cab. Also, get someone to watch when you are reversing.

These vehicles all have power assisted steering. The seating position is higher than in a car for great views.

Normal rules apply when driving. Watch your speed limit as some restrictions apply.

Useful link: Driving rules in UK.

Campervan Rental London

Shopping and Stocking Your Campervan:

Some companies provide complimentary supplies such as dishwashing liquid, dishcloth, coffee, tea and sugar. However, we recommend stocking up soon after you collect your campervan. Ask at the desk where your nearest supermarket/shop is. Don't forget the essentials such as cooking oil, salt, pepper, butter, milk, bread.

Can I access the internet whilst travelling?

Check with your phone provider. Turn off roaming so that you don't incur charges. It may be cheaper to hire a phone or buy a local sim card for your own phone while you are travelling. There is an abundance of internet hot spots and most campsites offer this facility.Many cafes have free wifi and campsites.

What storage is there?

We strongly recommend you use soft bags instead of suitcases for your luggage. Soft bags take up less room and fit more easily into the storage cupboards and lockers in the vehicle.

Some larger vehicles have "garages" big enough for bikes, surf gear etc.

If you are returning your campervan to the depot that you collected it from then there is usually a locked storage area to keep your luggage while you are on your holiday.

Do I need a special driver's licence?

A valid, current car driver's licence must be produced for everyone intending to drive a rental vehicle. State, overseas or international licences are acceptable.

Is there a spare tyre and will I be able to change it if I need to?

All vehicles come with a spare tyre and equipment needed in the event of a tyre change. You should make sure you have a roadside assistance phone number when you collect your campervan in the rare event you need help.

What is the Cost of Fuel?

Petrol (Gasoline) in UK comes in unleaded and leaded grades, and is sold by the litre.We found this site that is quite up to date but there are a lot of ads.

Useful Link:Fuel Costs in UK

Is there an iPod, mP3, cd player in the motorhomes and campervans?

Most campervans and motorhomes can play MP3 and CDs. Newer vehicles have usb connections.

Digital travel.

Most cameras are now digital. You can store your photos on the cloud when travelling or buy extra sd cards. Travelling with a small lap top or notebook can enhance your journey by searching information on your destination.

Campervan Rental London

Terms and conditions.

These are full and comprehensive. They are listed on the booking page when you make your booking and there is a link at the bottom of the page where you put in your payment details. Read these before you make your booking. Please ask if you need anything explained further.

Are there cancellation fees?

Some fees may apply if you cancel your rental booking.

What are toll roads, and do I have to pay to use them?

Toll roads are roads which charge a fee in exchange for access through to your destination.

You are responsible for paying toll fees, so it is important to be aware of these roads before you travel.

Useful link: Toll Roads in the UK.

Will someone show me how to use everything?

Yes. You will have a dedicated staff member take you on a tour of the vehicle when you arrive at the branch. They will ensure that you are familiar with all of the features before you leave. For some basic information about operating the vehicle, please read the rental guide.

Make sure you know how the vehicle works before you leave the depot. At busy times at peak season the introduction session may be quite quick. But, you can always call the depot to ask questions once you are on the road if you are unsure of anything. The vehicles have operating instructions included in the glove box usually.

Is there internet at the collection branches?

Most campervan and motorhome hire suppliers provides free internet at most of the branches.

Are there bike racks?

Yes bike racks are an option when you rent a campervan or motorhome in UK. You must hire a bike rack if you are taking your own bikes. Bikes are not allowed to be stored inside the motorhome or camper van. If you take your own bikes then store them on the racks or in the garage area of the campervan.

Is there a tv in the camper van?

This is sometimes offered as an additional option to rent.

Is there an air conditioning unit in the motorhome?

This is offered as an additional option. Some companies will charge extra for this. If they do, then it is listed and you will clearly see the cost displayed before you book.

Mileage options:

Vehicles are hired with unlimited mileage included in the hire.

Extra driver fee:

Check to make sure that if there is more than one driver that you have additional insurance to cover all additional drivers.

Driver age:

Most companies will not hire to drivers under 21 but there are some exceptions. There is not usually an upper age limit as long as the driver has a valid driving licence.

Local taxes:

Taxes are included in all quotes for campervan and motorhome rental in UK.

Bedding and kitchen equipment is included in the daily rental rate. If they are not then they are listed as extra charges. Most companies include them in the costs of the rental.


This is sometimes offered as as additional hire option. You can take your own GPS device and download the appropriate regional maps.


Most campervans and motorhomes have air-conditioning in the driver's cab that operates when driving. Additional air-conditioning in the rear of the vehicle is offered in some cases at an additional charge. This will not operate until you are on a mains electrical supply. So, an electrical hook up in a campsite or connected to the mains supply at a house or hotel.

How do I save money on my camper van hire in the UK?

Book early. Some companies put the prices up the nearer you get to pick up date. Book early and those prices are fixed.

Book for longer. Check out the over 21 day rate and the over 35 day rate. It is always worth having a look before you book as you may be able to go for longer for the same amount of money.

Older vehicles are cheaper than newer ones.

Larger vehicles are more expensive than smaller ones.

Avoid one-way hires that are less than 14 days in length.

Watch out for our special discounts and offers that are updated daily on our website. Discounts on Campervan and Motorhome Rental in UK

Travel outside of high season.

Book early ( I think I said that before, but it's the best way!)

If you have any questions, please ask us. We are here to help.

Click for contact details We have freephone numbers in many countries.

Also check out our special offers and discounts here

20+ Years

We are very experienced. After 20 years arranging campervan and motorhome hire for our clients we are very good.

Payment Methods

Need help or have a question? Contact Us

UK Freephone: 0800 917 4347